Brainchild Covid-19 3D Digital Lessons For Children
Lessons, which educate young children on how the coronavirus spreads and how to protect themselves and others
Brainchild is an online educational platform that helps students study and fill in the gaps they might have in various subjects. It offers multiple activities to learn new information. The resource provides video lessons, instructive materials and interactive tutorials. The lessons can be custom selected and the pace can be adjusted.
Due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus in January, 2020, there was an urgent need to inform the public of the safety measures. Brainchild wanted to make a simple, yet informative content to help the audience, especially kids, stay safe and prevent spreading of the COVID-19.
The situation with the COVID-19 is evolving on a daily basis, so there is a need to keep up with the data. We wanted to educate the end-user about the basic characteristics of the virus, how it spreads, how to not get infected.
We had to figure out how to present the safety measures in a simple, yet informative way. The challenge was to make all the instructions comprehensive and clear to children. It also had to be intuitive and easy to adopt.
Children are often careless with their hygiene and rarely trace the things they have touched before touching their nose or mouth. Thus, the World Health Organization’s recommendation to Wash hands frequently with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds – had to illustrate how long 20 seconds feel like and how to wash hands properly.
With practicing cough and sneeze etiquette we had to showcase how to cover mouth and nose that would be natural to adopt, since children rarely do that.
We also needed to teach children to avoid direct physical contact, since they are used to hugging and coming close to greet one another. Ultimately, teach keeping the 6 feet distance and the face mask routine, when social distancing is not possible.
Video lessons with animated instructions for 6 main hygienic and health measures:
- Avoid spreading the virus. There is proof of human-to-human transmission of the COVID-19. We show an interaction of two 3D characters of children, where germs appear as green spots that they transit on clothes and skin and might potentially inhale. Also, we show that sharing items is dangerous as they might be contaminated.
- Washing hands. We created an interactive tutorial to engage the end-user in learning how to wash hands properly. With gamification we turned the instructions into a fun nine-step order of placing palms and humming a well-known melody to encourage the right duration.
- Social distancing. To illustrate staying 6 feet apart we have designed a challenge to stop two animated friends from coming too close to each other. By clicking the distance bar at the right number a user can demonstrate understanding the distance measure and score to be “Good at social distancing”.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Keeping in mind that sneezing is often sudden we decided to show how to cover the mouth with a tissue or alternatively, with an elbow. We have included a three-time drill to stop an animated girl in time from sneezing out the germs by picking one of the two options to cover her mouth.
- Staying safe in public places. We created a supermarket as a familiar public environment to show that wearing a cloth face mask is strongly recommended especially when among groups of people. We added a three-step tutorial to show how to put a face mask on, take it off and hold it correctly.
- Disinfection. Rooms and surfaces should be cleaned daily. That is why this part includes a visualization of a typical children’s room where we listed the items that are frequently touched, thus should be disinfected. We aimed to encourage children to feel responsible for cleaning their space and try it out in a simulated bathroom with six contaminated spots to find and clean.
We managed to create an informative and fully responsive video-instruction for a better customer experience. The lesson is well-designed and easy to navigate. It optimizes a significant scope of information, aiming to assist the younger generation stay safe and healthy.
Download Case Study
Interested in working with us?
We will be happy to answer your questions.